[yandytex] New paper size in DVIWindo

J. R. Setti jrasetti at usp.br
Wed Dec 13 15:26:42 CET 2006

Fellow Y&Y TeXers,

I have a question for those who know DVIwindo, the Y&Y TeX previewer, well.
I am writing a book whose page dimensions are 23 cm x 17 cm, using LaTeX.
I use the geometry package to set the page dimensions and to design the
book.
DVIWindo, however, has some preset paper sizes, which can be chosen using
Preferences > Page size...

My problem is that the page sizes listed there (letter, legal, ...,
executive) obviously
do not include 23 by 17 cm. I chose A4, which is the paper on my printer,
and I can
preview my file without any problems, as DVIWindo shows the 23 x 17 page I
created
on an A4 page.

Using DVIPSONE, I generate a ps file from the dvi, by selecting a PS printer
and
telling DVIWindo to print to a file, using DVIPSONE. This works OK [is there
a better
way of doing this?], but DVIWindo tells  DVIPSONE that the page size is A4,
and
not 23x17 cm. When I process the resulting ps file through Adobe Distiller,
I -- obviously -- get an A4 page with my 23x17 cm page on it.

Does anyone know how to tell DVIWindo the page is 23x17cm?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

--
Dr. José Reynaldo Setti                                jrasetti at usp.br

Universidade de São Paulo                          400 Av. Trabalhador
São-carlense
São Carlos School of Engineering                 São Carlos, SP, Brazil --
13560-560
Department of Transportation Engineering      (55-16) 3373-9596