Paper sizes

paul paul at PRETEX.COM
Tue Jun 28 09:40:35 CEST 2005

Dominic,

To formally set the page size in YandYTeX, you must first ue a printer that
supports 6x9 pages.  Most printers do not suopport this and setting up a custom
page generally does not work.  For this example, I have set it as a Linotronic
630

Here are the steps that I use for generating Printer ready page.

1) I installed the printer as a Linotronic 630.  In Dviwindo I set went to the
printer setup and created a custom page size of 6by9.   I selected the custom as
my page size.

2) I did NOT select a page size under Dviwindo>preferences, I simply left it as
letter size.  Do not select any paper size otherwise it will mess up the page
size in Distiller.

3) I went into Distiller and under job options, I set up a new page to be 6 by
9.  I did not change any of the default parameters of Distiller other than allow
PostScript to override job options as stated earlier.

4) I distilled the PostScript file, voila, all is done.

I did not have to fool around with any dvipsone parameters.

Attached as an example of the single page I generated using the steps above.

Personally, I generate PDF files on a larger page (and increase the hoffset and
voffset of the page) than is otherwise necessary.  That way, I can use acrobat
to Crop the page to exact specifications.   Printer that Ideal with prefer that
pages be larger by 1/2" so as to account for drift; that is if you are using
page bleeds.

Good Luck,
Paul Mailhot