Message from Masoud Salehi

MImi Burbank mimi at CSIT.FSU.EDU
Thu Jun 9 21:51:47 CEST 2005

Thanks for the response. I do not know why my message did not post and
why I have been served out!

Anyway, I tried your suggestions, none worked. I have Y&Y TeX 2.2.3, and
I use graphicx  version graphicx 1999/02/16 v1.0f. I have tried bot
windows 2000 and windows XP with no success, Strangely enough, Miktex
has no problem with full or relative path addresses.

I n Y&Y (assuming my latex and graphics files are all in the C:\test
folder), \includegraphics{aa.eps} works fine but none of
\includegraphics{../test/aa.eps} and \includegraphics{/test/aa.eps} and
\includegraphics{c:/test/aa.eps} work. All these work fine with Miktex.

Masoud

At 07:56 AM 6/8/2005, you wrote:
>On Jun08 03:55AM, LISTS.UCC.IE LISTSERV Server (14.3) wrote:
>> An error occurred while processing file 4439 from salehi at ECE.NEU.EDU:
>"Mail has
>> been received  for delivery  to the  YANDYTEX list  from a  user
>that  had been
>> served out".
>
>> To: YANDYTEX at lists.ucc.ie
>> From: Masoud Salehi <salehi at ECE.NEU.EDU>
>> Subject: full path for graphics file
>>
>> I have a rather unexpected problem. YandYtex gives an error messages
>>
>> \includegraphics{/text/aa.eps}
>>
>> whereas Miktex has no problem handling it. I have tried putting the
>> complete path in "..." or in '...' with no success. I have experienced
>> the same problem when the address is relative to current folder.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Masoud

 try

\includegraphics{text/aa.eps}
or
\includegraphics{./text/aa.eps}

=====
for Unix, DOS and Windows you might also try including
the following command in your preamble:

\graphicspath{text/}   (if that is where the eps files are located)
\graphicspath{{figs/}{text/}{someplace-else}}  (for multiple paths)

with each subdirectory included in  {}  and the entire group inside
another set of braces ...

this might also require a current version of the graphics package
and I'd recommend using   \usepackage{graphicx}
                                             ^  which has the
most extensive group of commands avaiable to users

which version of Y&Y Tex are you working with? and which
version of the graphic(s)(x) package are you using?

mimi burbank