Installing Mathtime on Windows XP

Ashim at Ashim at
Tue Jan 25 10:56:14 CET 2005

I had Mathtime installed on Windows and everything worked fine.  I moved to
a new computer running Windows XP, reinstalled Winedt, MikTex and Mathtime
(using the old Mathtime installer disk for Windows 2000).  Now Mathtime
font is not available and dvi gives errors for which the details are noted
below.

How do I install the Mathtime on Windows XP system so that they are
available to Latex?

I really appreciate your help.  I have no other place to go as YandY seems
to have shut down.

Ashim Datta
Cornell University

*************************

Making PK font:
C:\texmf\miktex\bin\makepk.exe --verbose mtsyn 600 600 magstep(0.0) ljfour
Trying to make PK font "mtsyn" (at 600 DPI)...
"makemf" --verbose "mtsyn"
"ttf2pk" -q -t "mtsyn"
Creating "mtsyn.pk"...
"gsf2pk" "mtsyn" "MTSYN" "" "" "mtsyn.pfb" "600" "mtsyn.pk"
Reading TFM file "C:\texmf\fonts\tfm\yandy\mathplus\mtsyn.tfm"...
Error: The font file could not be found.
"ps2pk" -v  -X600  mtsyn.pfb mtsyn.pk
makepk: gsf2pk failed on "mtsyn.pfb".
PS file <mtsyn.pfb> not found
makepk: ps2pk failed on "mtsyn.pfb".

Ashim K. Datta
Professor, Cornell University
Dept. of Biological and Environmental Engineering
Riley-Robb Hall, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Tel: (607)255-2482; Fax: (607)255-4080
http://www.bee.cornell.edu/datta