CM Bright Math Fonts

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at CL.CAM.AC.UK
Sat Dec 17 21:34:46 CET 2005

> I just found this information about the "computer modern bright" math
> fonts
>
> http://www.micropress-inc.com/fonts/brmath/brmain.htm

the cmbright stuff in the ctan catalogue also points to the micropress
home page (for a long time, micropress was the only source of type 1
versions of the fonts).

> According to the information here:
> http://www.micropress-inc.com/fonts.htm
> the font package doesn't seem to need virtual fonts. Does that mean it
> works with YandY TeX?
>
> I was wondering if the CM Bright math fonts look good together with
> Helvetica used as the text font? The reason I'm asking is that I use
> dviwindo to copy & past equations into PowerPoint. I would prefer to
> use a sans serif math font but HVMath (also from micropress-inc.com)
> doesn't work with YandY because it uses virtual fonts.

why use helvetica with it?  cm bright comes with a text font, which
(as you can see on the page you quoted) is a sans face.

robin