Lucida bright from two sources?

Walter Schmidt w.a.schmidt at GMX.NET
Fri Dec 16 00:17:09 CET 2005

Am 15.12.2005 um 23:24 schrieb Per Ting:

> It seems that these fonts are now available from TUG and PCTeX for
> about the same price of roughly $140. What are the pros and cons of
> each set?
> Are the corrections done by PCTeX relly important? What are these
> corrections.
> It is claimed  that the set offered by PCTeX solves some problems
> with these fonts, but they are $5 more expensive,

Just read the documentation

         <http://www.pctex.com/files/managed/b/bf/lucimatxAbbrev.pdf>

of the lucimatx macro package, and compare it with the old lucidabr
package.
Then ask yourself once again, whether this justifies the difference
of 5$.
I suppose your answer will be "yes" :-)

>  I think purchasing them from TUG would help TUG.

... and purchasing from PCTeX would help the company that has sponsored
the updating of the virtual fonts and font metrics and allowed these
to be
redistributed.

Walter