What did I do wrong? (Lucida font ligature problem: TUG Lucida Bright)

Vincent Manis vmanis at TELUS.NET
Wed Dec 14 18:55:28 CET 2005

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 12:09:34 -0600, Karl Berry <karl at FREEFRIENDS.ORG>
wrote:

>There are ligatures, although the i is not dotless.  Do you see a
>difference in output from these two lines:
>
>    Efficient fluids fix flatly.
>
>    Ef\null f\null icient f\null luids f\null ix f\null latly.

Indeed I do. I had forgotten that the LB fi and ffi ligatures are dotted.
This is another instance of what the tech support people call `PEBKAC'
(`problem exists between keyboard and chair'), and I'm sorry for taking
up bandwidth on it.

Thanks again, Karl, Walter, and everyone else who worked on getting the
Lucida Bright+New Math fonts out. It's very much appreciated.