What did I do wrong? (Lucida font ligature problem: TUG Lucida Bright)

Karl Berry karl at FREEFRIENDS.ORG
Tue Dec 13 12:09:34 CET 2005

    Well, I've got the fonts. Everything goes swimmingly, but I notice that
    there are no f-ligatures, not even fi. I added the line

There are ligatures, although the i is not dotless.  Do you see a
difference in output from these two lines:

    Efficient fluids fix flatly.

    Ef\null f\null icient f\null luids f\null ix f\null latly.

(My whole test doc appended, also includes Euro.)

They are also shown in the sample documents on web pages:
http://tug.org/store/lucida/lucida-sample.pdf

This is with the current files from TUG/CTAN.

If you get output without ligatures, I can only surmise your TeX is
finding "wrong" tfm's and/or vf's somehow.

Best,
karl

\documentclass[11pt]{article}

% we have to change the font encoding for Lucida.
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{textcomp}

% use Lucida fonts for both text and math.
\usepackage{lucidabr}

\title{T}
\author{A}
\date{D}

\begin{document}
\maketitle

Efficient fluids fix flatly.

Ef\null f\null icient f\null luids f\null ix f\null latly.

Hello
\texteuro