Fw: Re: Ligatures dont print

Blenda Horn Blenda_Carlisle at MSN.COM
Mon Apr 18 09:38:44 CEST 2005

Hello everybody,

It might be a matter of replying to late to this posting,  but I did send Erwin's email to Berthold Horn, the developer of Y&Y TeX Systems and he responded.  Here is his contribution:

As others already indicated, one needs to make sure that the Type 1 fonts are
not "shadowed" by TrueType fonts of the same name.  A useful diagnostic is
to determine whether the problem is specific to specific fonts or happens
with all fonts.

> I have managed to install YANDY TeX 2.2.0 on XP after some attempts.
> Everything looks fine on the screen.
> In the printout all ligatures are missing and are replaced with a dot, however.

The fact that everything looks fine on screen suggests that you have the Type 1
fonts installed and that they probably are not "shadowed" by TrueType fonts of
the same name. The problem appears to be specific to printing.

So, make sure that in the "Print" dialog box you have "Use DVIPSONE" checked.
Otherwise it will use the windows printer drivers, which cannot handle reencoding of fonts.
("Use DVIPSONE" is checked by default, but may have gotten reset in your installation).