Paper sizes

John Hodgson john at HWA.TO
Mon Oct 4 12:31:20 CEST 2004

Dear Dominic

I use

dvipsone -d=destinationfile.ps -l=442*663 dvifile.dvi

The -l parameters here are for a UK book size 234x156 mm

This produces a postscript file which I then distill in Acrobat Distiller;
it comes out exactly the correct size

Or have I misunderstood your question??

Best wishes

John

John Hodgson
HWA Text and Data Management Ltd
12 Mount Ephraim
Tunbridge Wells TN4 8AS
United Kingdom

Tel: (+44)(0) 1892 678698
Fax: (+44)(0) 1892 678697

Email john at hwa.to

-----Original Message-----
From: Support for users of Y&Y's TeX system [mailto:YANDYTEX at LISTS.UCC.IE]
On Behalf Of aqua
Sent: 05 October 2004 11:32
To: YANDYTEX at LISTS.UCC.IE
Subject: Paper sizes

Hello Group,

I have placed the following messages in TUGIndia, regarding the Page Sizes
of LaTeX job. They have suggested me to write to Y&Y support directly.
Kindly advice me on this.

I have to get a PAGE SIZE of 6 x 9 inches. If I make the ps like this,

  c:\yandy\dvipsone\dvipsone -l=432*638 -*P=432*638 sample.dvi

it is giving on bigger paper size (in PS 8.667 x 13.778 inches), and in the
PDF generation it is croping on right and top, and showing 6 x 9 inches
exactly.

In PDF Output:
_______________
|XXXXXXXXXXXXXX|
|XXXXXXXXXXXXXX|
|XXXXXXXXXXXXXX|
|MMMMMM|XXXXXX|
|MMMMMM|XXXXXX|
|MMMMMM|XXXXXX|
|  6 x 9 in  |----------|--> visible in PDF, Cropped right and top
| (2.667 x 4.778")
|MMMMMM|XXXXXX|
|MMMMMM|XXXXXX|
|MMMMMM|XXXXXX|
|MMMMMM|XXXXXX|----> Bigger Paper size (8.6 x 13.7 inches)

whereas as, I require only page size to be 6 x 9 inches without any cropped
areas in PDF. How to get this page size exactly.

Thanks in advance.

with regards,
Dominic