Synthetic Fonts

Christina Thiele cthiele at CCS.CARLETON.CA
Tue May 11 10:34:09 CEST 2004

Paul Mailhot writes:

> I found the location where the synthetic switch goes.
>
> There is a file called standard.sub that contains the commands to look for
> the synthetic fonts *synthetic* (and any other font quirks such as *force*,
> *reside* etc.).  It took way too long to find this out.
>
> Paul Mailhot
> PreTeX, Inc.
> 902-454-8111

Hi, Paul.

You're right about it having taken too long -- and that you had to
figure it out for yourself. We sure wish it were otherwise but, as you
know, we've been our own support group now for the past year.
Actually, more ...

If I dare try to make something positive out of it ... ;-) ... it's
that this list is now archived, so your discovery is available for
everyone to learn from. So if we all suffer `a senior moment' the next
time the subject comes up, we can always just point to the yandytex
archive.

Ch.

P.S. Mimi, that's a brilliant euphemism!