Lucida Bright family for use with TeX on Mac OS X

Jörg Bullmann jb at HEILANCOO.NET
Wed Mar 3 16:44:35 CET 2004

Hello there,

Has anybody experience in getting Lucida Bright installed
for use with TeX on Mac OS X? On the Y and Y web site, Mac
OS seems supported, but that's Classic Mac OS and not X. I
am not sure whether the fonts will work without much
trickery on Mac OS X.

Normally Mac OS X is very flexible in terms of fonts. But
I wonder whether that is different with TeX.

Also, which product would I buy? I need it on CD or as
download and all I can find on these media is the PC
version. Only floppy disks for the Mac. That makes me
rather suspicious. After all it was *yeeeeeeeeeeeears*
ago when Apple dropped floppies.

If someone could shed some light on this, that would be
*very* much appreciated.

I have been looking via Google but did not find conclusive
info. Some people seem to got it working but it seems they
had to muck about for a while until they had it sorted.

Compared to Computer Modern, Lucida Bright just looks so
sweet that I might eventually shell out the money for it
;-) -- if there is a good chance of getting it working
without a diploma in TeXology.

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
Joerg