Producing PDFs to non-standard page sizes

John Hodgson john at HWA.TO
Thu Jun 10 14:37:01 CEST 2004

Hi everyone

I am trying to produce a PDF of a book to a non-standard page size (though
it is a standard book size) The publishers we are working for require that
the PDF has a logical page size of 216x138 mm. Try as I might I haven't
been able to produce a .PS file with this page size, and Acrobat Distiller
doesn't/won't/can't override the page size when producing the PDF. We've
tried cropping the page size in Acrobat, which works when you view the PDF
in Acrobat, but apparently the underlying page size remains in the PDF file
and gives the printers (ie the firm who are printing the book) impossible
problems when trying to send the book to plate. I've tried messing with
the -l flag in DVIPSONE with no success.

Has anyone run up against this problem and know what the solution is?

Thanks for your help.

John Hodgson

PS I'm a listserv newbie and apologise for any contravention of listserv
etiquette!!