Lucida Fonts: purchase and installation for YandY

Jochen Autschbach jautschbach at YAHOO.COM
Wed Jul 21 16:35:51 CEST 2004

Hello

As an addendum to a recent message in this forum I would like to add
that it is still possible tu purchase the Lucida fonts from YandY
online. The procedure is somewhat awkward. I give some details below.

I just downloaded the complete font set & installed the Type1 fonts in
c:\windows\fonts (I have a XP-pro system and use the latest version of
YandY tex, it's 2.2.something). The example DVI for the lucida fonts
that ships with YandY displays correctly in dviwindo after I installed
the fonts (hello_LB.dvi).

In addition, according to the manual, I downloaded LaTeX 2e lucida
bright support from ctan.org and installed it in a place where YandY
latex can find it. Further, I added the directories from an up-to-date
MiKTeX installation on my system in dviwindo.ini so that YandY latex
can find the TFM files for the Lucida fonts.

Now, when I try to latex the example hello_LB.tex in
/c/yandy/texinputs, I get the following error when I try to display the
file with dviwindo:

Can't find font: hlcrima (1)

etc. for a number of other fonts.

The log file says:

(c:/yandy/tex/latex/psnfss/lucidbry.sty
Package: lucidbry 1999/03/29 v4.2 Lucida Bright (Compatibility, Y&Y
Names) (SPQ
R/DPC)

(c:/yandy/tex/latex/unpacked/fontenc.sty
Package: fontenc 2000/08/30 v1.91 Standard LaTeX package
 (c:/yandy/tex/latex/psnfss/ly1enc.def
File: ly1enc.def 1997/03/21 v0.3 Y\&Y's texnansi encoding (DPC)
)
LaTeX Font Info:    Try loading font information for LY1+ptm on input
line 96.
(c:/yandy/tex/latex/psnfss/ly1ptm.fd
File: ly1ptm.fd 1997/01/26 LY1/ptm (Times Roman) with Adobe file names.
(DPC)
)) (c:/yandy/tex/latex/psnfss/lucidabr.sty
Package: lucidabr 1999/03/29 v4.2 Lucida Bright + Lucida New Math +
Lucida Expe
rt (SPQR/DPC)

The latex file loads the package lucidbry which should use the original
YandY names for the fonts, not the renaming scheme of other latex
packages. But that doesn't seem to happen with the Math fonts.

Some help would be greatly appreciated!

Jochen

P.S. How I purchased the YandY fonts online:
In YandY's online store I clicked on the link to order the font
manipulation package. Then, in my browser I changed the last 6
characters of the website at digitalriver.com that was displayed from
477812 to 470675 & pressed <return> to get the Lucida fonts to show up
in my shopping cart.