BibTex

Mimi Burbank mimi at CSIT.FSU.EDU
Fri Jul 9 10:26:38 CEST 2004

On Jul09 09:23AM, J. Gregory McDaniel wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> Thanks very much for all of the expert advice that you dispensed with such
> style and grace!  I tried everything and unfortunately DVIWindo insists on
> calling plain tex.  Here are the options I have tried:
>
> BiBTeX|F4=C:\YANDY\BIBTEX\bibtex.exe @.aux
> BiBTeX|F4=C:\YANDY\BIBTEX\bibtex.exe @
> BiBTeX|F4=C:\YANDY\BIBTEX\bibtex.exe -v -8 @.aux
> BiBTeX|F4=C:\YANDY\BIBTEX\bibtex.exe -v -8 @
>
> I have been able to execute bibtex from the command line, as suggested by
> Christina, so it seems to be an issue with the command being issued by
> DVIWindo.

I hate to say it but I think you should copy your dviwindo.ini
file to a backup and reinstall the software  ;-)

when all else fails for me (and it frequently does)  I
  a)  reboot the system
  b)  reinstall the software

;-)

having plain tex be called for bibtex is most weird... but
the dviwindo.ini file *must* have some line in it that is
broken.

you posted your .log file - did you ever post your
dviwindo.ini file ????

mimi