BibTex

Christina Thiele cthiele at CCS.CARLETON.CA
Thu Jul 8 20:47:37 CEST 2004

Robin Fairbairns writes:

> > >BiBTeX|F4=C:\YANDY\BIBTEX\bibtex.bat @.aux
>
> i would guess that removing ".aux" at the end of that line would do
> the business.

No. I don't think that's the .aux that shouldn't be mentioned ;-) I
believe that in your instructions to just type:

   bibtex filename

at the command line, without an .aux, is precisely because the .aux
bit is being explicitly marked in the .ini file, in the line:

BiBTeX|F4=C:\YANDY\BIBTEX\bibtex.bat @.aux

So the .aux stays in the above line in the .ini file, but it is
definitely not needed (as Robin's argument has shown) when one
actually inputs the command:

   bibtex filename

> (but i don't currently have a y&y installation so i can't test it.)

I do ... and I'm firing up the old NT machine right now to see what's
what ...