Proposal for an XP Working Group

Christina Thiele cthiele at ccs.carleton.ca
Fri Jan 30 10:04:29 CET 2004

LMS journals writes:

> Please can we do the same for 2000???
>
> It was installing fonts later that gave me the real hassle
>
> All the best
>
> Sue

If you'll be in the Win2000 Working Group? ;-))

You know, I see no reason why we can't organise working groups for
whatever people feel needs some concentrated analysis/testing on. In
any event, we've already seen that people like Mike Prager -- and yes,
Herb Gintis too! -- are replying more and more to queries that relate
to issues they're very familiar with. So a WG is kind of just a bit of
a formal `wrapper', as it were, to existing resources.

The two WGs are going to have people mature enough (they're from
techsupport, after all ;-) ) to know when to consult with one another
-- either via techsupport or off-line.

So, Sue -- you game for being the first member of the Win2000 Working
Group?