Response from Berthold Horn, Re: Configuring Y & Y for Windows XP

Mike Prager Mike.Prager at noaa.gov
Wed Jan 28 14:34:42 CET 2004

At 12:53 PM 1/28/2004, you wrote:
>Does the warning against ATM 4.0 with Windows XP also apply to ATM Deluxe
>4.1 with Windows XP?

No, I think it's safe to say that ATM 4.1 Deluxe works fine.  A minor
bug-fix (ATMFIX.EXE) is available from the Adobe Web site and is recommended.

>I have the latter and installed and run Y&Y TeX without difficulty but for
>one small problem.  There was ONE font -- at this point it would take me
>some digging to discover which one -- that had to be modified so as to
>have a different (internal) name.  AS I recall, that was because the ATM
>database didn't allow quite long enough names and hence confounded two
>different fonts.

I think the incompatibility is with Windows itself.  The font that causes
the problem in my installation is Lucida Sans Typewriter, bold italic.  In
my opinion, the name change should go on the list of items to be fixed by
Y&Y as soon as possible.  It should be easy and cheap to fix.

...Mike

--
Michael Prager
NOAA Center for Coastal Fisheries and Habitat Research

NOTE: Opinions expressed are personal, not official. No government
endorsement of any product is made or implied.