Installation of Mathtime 1.1 fonts on MiKTeX

Jamie Snape j.r.snape at durham.ac.uk
Tue Jan 27 09:13:11 CET 2004

> Good work Jamie and others!

:-)

> Jamie, now that you have done this successfully, could you
> please list the steps (1, 2, etc.) that you had to go through
> this so that others, including myself, can do the same?
>
> I appreciate that!
>
> Hoss

Step-by-step guide to installing Mathtime 1.1 fonts on MiKTeX

1.  Install the MiKTeX mathtime package (eg. using the MiKTeX Package
Manager program)

2.  Make a directory

...\localtexmf\fonts\type1

3.  Rename the files

MTEX.PFB, MTSY.PFB, RMTMI.PFB

mtex.pfb,  mtsy.pfb, rmtmi.pfb

respectively.  Note: This is changing the filenames to lowercase.

4.  Copy

mtex.pfb, mtsy.pfb, rmtmi.pfb

to the directory created in (2.).

5.  Using MiKTeX Options program refresh the file name database (General
tab, click the button Refresh Now).

6.  Open

...\texmf\tex\latex\mathtime\my2mtt.fd

in a text editor and modify the line

\DeclareFontShape{MY2}{mtt}{m}{n}{<->mtsyn}{}

\DeclareFontShape{MY2}{mtt}{m}{n}{<->mtsy}{}

7.  Adding the line

\usepackage{mathtime}

in a LaTeX document should now invoke Mathtime 1.1 fonts.

I think this covers everything, if it doesn't get back to me!

Jamie