Framebox question

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jan 15 14:01:30 CET 2004

> In a document I have a framebox that fills more than one output page.  I
> would like to split the box over two pages, so that the first half of the
> box appears on one page but with no bottom line (top, left and right lines
> remain), and the second half of the box appears on the next page but with no
> top line (bottom, left and right lines remain).
>
> Is there an easy way to do this?

the package framed.sty will do this for you.  unfortunately, you need
to read the .sty file itself to understand how to use the beastly
thing, but in principle it's a solution.  there's another, boites.sty,
which i suspect of being dvips-specific, and hence not useful for y&y
users.  if you can't make sense of framed, ask again and i'll try to
help more...

get it from:
http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/misc/framed.sty