LaTeX Help

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Jan 9 13:24:09 CET 2004

> I am Saravanan,M. from India, one of the TeX user. I
> used "Y&Y" for the past 9 years.
>
> I want to change the path for ".cls" file. Usually
> we'll give "\documentclass{book}" and then Y&Y will
> take the .cls file in our hard disk. Instead of this I
> want to give the path "\documentclass{c:/mydir/book}"
> for to protect my ".cls" file.
>
> Is this possible? please advice.

this is the third time, at least, that i've seen this question.  don't
you believe in the advice you get on comp.text.tex and texhax?

have you actually *tried* to do what you mention?

did you get any other error than "class name clash"?  (i wouldn't
expect you to.)

were you aware that changing a file in the latex distribution without
also changing its name contravenes the licence under which latex is
distributed? -- in which case why are you not just using the copy in
the distribution you already have?