Problem with Laptop and installation/2

Mike Prager Mike.Prager at noaa.gov
Thu Jan 8 14:44:57 CET 2004

All --

I forgot to say in the following that my reading at Adobe.com implies that
installing, then removing ATM (non-Deluxe) may damage Windows XP font
sample-display capabilities.  Instructions for patching that are found on
the Adobe Web site.  Similarly, un-installing ATM Deluxe 4.1 without having
applied the current patch may cause the similar minor problems, which can
be repaired similarly.  MHP

Christina,

Thanks for your comments.  Here's my take on it.

My impression is that, despite all the comments, the only real problem
attributed to ATM and XP was that ATM (non-Deluxe) installs a keyboard
driver that prevents system standby. Perhaps you have access to the tech
support archives and the time to see whether my impression is correct. I'm
not certain.

ATM (non-Deluxe) is not needed for any modern version of Windows (2000 or
XP). It's better not to install it.

ATM Deluxe 4.1 is likewise not needed, but provides font management
(including installation/removal) that some will find useful.  It causes no
problems with Y&Y TeX on any version of Windows, as far as I know.

If ATM Deluxe is installed, the latest patches should be applied from the
Adobe Web site.

In all cases, the Type 1 TeX fonts should be installed (either through the
Fonts control panel or through ATM Deluxe) before installing Y&Y TeX.

Does that sound right to everyone?

...Mike

--
Michael Prager
NOAA Center for Coastal Fisheries and Habitat Research

NOTE: Opinions expressed are personal, not official. No government
endorsement of any product is made or implied.