Problem with Laptop and installation

Christina Thiele cthiele at ccs.carleton.ca
Thu Jan 8 14:08:20 CET 2004

Mike Prager writes:

> At 11:02 AM 1/8/2004, Mike Prager wrote:
> >AFAIK, the problem is only with ATM, and NOT with ATM Deluxe, which can be
> >used for font installation with no problem.  However, I'm not prepared to
> >issue guarantees.
> >
> >...Mike
> >

> All,
>
> To follow up on this, a look at the Adobe Web site confirms that
> atmhelpr.sys is not installed with ATM Deluxe.  My experience, and that of
> Peter Scott (in his recent post), are evidence that using ATM Deluxe for
> font installation is NOT problematic.  Again, I am not in the business of
> issuing guarantees!  Computers are too chaotic (in the technical sense)....
>
> ...Mike

So, are you saying that the _absence_ of this atmhelp.sys file -- one
of the diffs between ATM and ATM Deluxe -- is what is behind the
latter's being ok for font _installation_ with Y&YTeX?

Also, it would seem, then, that one should be careful when writing
`ATM': there's `Deluxe' (that's v.4.1, right?), and `the other one'
(is that what's often called `Lite'?).

If we're going to put any kind of more explicit text together on the
subject, then it would seem we need to be very clear on just what is
meant by `ATM'.

Mike, your messages are really helping tease these knotted threads
apart. Thanks.