your mail

Mimi Burbank mimi at csit.fsu.edu
Tue Jan 6 13:08:18 CET 2004

On Jan02 12:07PM, Thomas_Powers at brown.edu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question about my yandy tex program. I am using version Y&Y Tex 2.2.3.  Until now, I have used if only for latex, and I put the commands
>
> \usepackage[LY1]{fontenc}   % specify text font encoding
> \usepackage[LY1]{lucidabr}  % switch text and math fonts
>
> near the beginning to get the fonts to come out right.
>
> Now I have a TeX document that I need to typeset. What is the analog of the above commands? I can tex the document without errors, but the fonts are messed up.

you need to use the plain tex equivalent:

\input lcdplain.tex

and if you look in  yandy\texinputs  you will find lcdplain.tex
there and you can look inside the file to get more information...

basically you use the definitions that are inside lcdplain to
specify which font you want to use...  pretty much as you did in
latex...    except in plain tex you need to keep these fonts
inside braces   ;-)

mimi