Uninstall Fails with Unwise32 error

John A. Becker jabecker at llnl.gov
Fri Jan 2 18:16:50 CET 2004

Issue: Uninstall fails.

System: WinXP, up to date.=20

A: Installed YandY tex 2.2 first, then  font installation;  tried to compile
a latex file; realized mistake; wondered what to do; (I was past the
installation messages suggesting how to make a pointer in appropriate file,
and in any case I did not know where fonts reside.)

B: Attempted to Uninstall Yand Y tex from Control Panel, planning to start
over; with the goal of  loading fonts first, then Yand Y tex;

C: Uninstall failed as follows:

          Blue Window, "Uninstall Y and Y Tex

          UNWISE

-          Ignore, save work

-          Close, application will terminate

Close

            GPF in Unwise32.exe at 0001:4AB3

So I cannot uninstall in the usual way, and I am not sure what to do.

Suggestions?

Do I just install YandY 2.2 again?

Fonts install first?