could not make postscript file through dviwindo in windows 2000

Frank Ganz fganz at SPRINGER-NY.COM
Mon Apr 19 11:48:34 CEST 2004

Dear Baskaran,

Is the "printer offline"? is another way of asking "is your printer switched off?"

I don't know exactly why you are having this problem. It was one possibility. Now that I have reviewed your event log again carefully, I notice that -d=c:\11\test.ps suggests that you are not printing to the printer, but to a file instead. If you get the error "permission denied" and it cannot write to that file, could it be that you ran out of disk space? I wouldn't assume that you really don't have permission writing to your C drive. If you want to print to the printer, you could uncheck "print to file"?

I remember that a few months ago the same question was asked. You could go into the techsupport archive and check to see what you can find there.

I hope any of my suggestions help.

Thanks,
Frank