mathtime(plus) install isn't working with teTeX

Troels Roussau Johansen troelsj at MATH.LSU.EDU
Sun Apr 18 15:33:59 CEST 2004

> Just (tried to) install mathtimeplus from the windows archive for
> teTeX (less than 1 year old version e-TeX (Web2C 7.4.5) 3.14159-2.1)
> on Darwin (well, MacOSX 10.2.8 at some higher level), by putting
> (links to) all the PFB and TFM files in the tetex.local subtree and running
> "texhash" in the usual way. Unfortunately, with most of the symbols
> are coming out blank or replaced by gibberish, and there are no
> error messages that give me any hint of why. Here is a small example,
>  which I hope will be enough for someone to figure this out for me:

First thing to do would be to physically copy (not just symbolically link the
files) PFB/TFM/AFM files into the relevant folders and then do texhash.  This
works without any hick-ups for me with tetex under Linux (Slack 9), I didn't
have to edit a single file.

Have you renamed the font files to something lower-cased? That could fould
Unix, whereas Windows don't care whatsoever.

You might also find the following link interesting (MacOSX specific TeX forum)

 http://www.masda.vxu.se/~pku/MacOSX_TeX/

/Troels