Three Crazy Fonts

Angela Partain apartain at TRUEVINE.NET
Thu Apr 15 22:41:01 CEST 2004

VICTORY!!!!!  I cannot tell you all how relieved I am!  Bless your hearts,
every one of you, 'cause you're all angels, not to mention geniuses (hope I
spelled that correctly).

I have triangleqs!
I have mathcals!
I have mathbbs!

Here is what I did, picking and choosing advice from everyone:

1. Went to the mirror site of CTAN and chose an ftp site in my area.

2.  Then I found the zip files or font files I needed (the pfm's and pfb's)
and copied them to my c:\windows\fonts-mine folder.  (I didn't worry about
tfms, since they're in the yandy directory.)

3.  I went into the Control Panel and INSTALLED the fonts, rather than
clicking-and-dragging.  This made all the difference, I believe.  I checked
and the fonts were actually showing up in c:\windows\fonts this time.  So
far, so good....

4. Ran latex2e in Dviwindo on $\triangleq\mathcal{A}\mathbb{A}$  and .......
VOILA     <high fives all around>

Bless you all---Mimi, Robin, Christina, Troels, and Jochen---there's no way
I could have figured this out on my own.  Ok, I'm off to catch up on some
sleep now.
Cheers to all!
Angela