Truetype and Type 1 fonts

Herbert Gintis hgintis at comcast.net
Fri Sep 26 16:52:53 CEST 2003

At 03:09 PM 9/26/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>On Sep26 02:51PM, Herbert Gintis wrote:
><snip>
> >            My Y & Y system became corrupted when I installed Scientfic Word
> >    on XP, and remained so even when I uninstalled SW. Of course, I can't be
> >    sure that SW was the problem. Have others had this problem.
> >            As I have mentioned, the only way I solved my problem was by
> >    reinstalling Y & Y.
>

>I suspect the fonts were installed over the Y&Y fonts -  and then
>the re-installation of the fonts overwrote the ones from SW ...
>But this only makes me curious as to how SW felt about the fonts
>after that   ;-)
         I installed a trial version of SW just to see what it was like. I
uninstalled it after a couple of days. Believe me, I'll not try THAT again.

Herb

>mimi

Herbert Gintis
Emeritus Professor of Economics, University of
Massachusetts
External Faculty, Santa Fe Institute, Santa Fe, NM
15 Forbes Avenue, Northampton, MA 01060
413-586-7756  (Home Office) 206-984-9873 (Fax)
Recent papers are posted on my <http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~gintis>web site.
Get Game Theory Evolving (Princeton, 2000) at
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0691009430/qid=1057311870/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-8882889-4632849?v=glance&s=books>Amazon.com.
New Email Address is hgintis at comcast.net
There is no sorrow so great that does not find
its background in joy.
                                                 Niels Bohr (1938)