font installation in Windows 2000

Herbert Gintis hgintis at comcast.net
Fri Sep 26 08:50:01 CEST 2003

At 11:54 AM 9/26/2003 +0100, LMS journals wrote:
>Dear All
>The new fonts do NOT show up on the list of fonts in dviwindo, so I can't
>use  "Write AFM". I get a Courier substitute on-screen in DVIWindo, and
>constant "pings" if I switch on "Complain missing fonts". BUT they print out
>fine!!!  I get a warning message "no ATMREG.ATM" (which I always get, and
>was told at some point earlier not to worry about because of having 2K --
>see below), and an error message for each of the new fonts: "expecting
>number not `dup'". Nevertheless, the printing goes through.
         I had this problem a couple of months ago, and I solved it by
reinstalling Y &Y TeX. I have no idea why it worked. I tried every other
trick suggested to me. Reinstalling took about 15 minutes.

Herb

Herbert Gintis
Emeritus Professor of Economics, University of
Massachusetts
External Faculty, Santa Fe Institute, Santa Fe, NM
15 Forbes Avenue, Northampton, MA 01060
413-586-7756  (Home Office) 206-984-9873 (Fax)
Recent papers are posted on my <http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~gintis>web site.
Get Game Theory Evolving (Princeton, 2000) at
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0691009430/qid=1057311870/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-8882889-4632849?v=glance&s=books>Amazon.com.
New Email Address is hgintis at comcast.net
There is no sorrow so great that does not find
its background in joy.
                                                 Niels Bohr (1938)