Printing problems

Techsupport-owner at yandy.com Techsupport-owner at yandy.com
Tue Sep 23 09:02:02 CEST 2003

On Sep23 08:40AM, Erwin P?nitz wrote:
>    Hello TeX wizards,
>
>    I have large quantities of scanned material in my documents. When creating
>    a PS file the size is close to 2 GB.

have a question -   do you have a technical support person
where you work?    This really sounds like a print driver
problem -  and there should be a way to "spool" your print
job so that it remains on *your* disk, and is not written
to the printer disk....   (I've had this problem over the
years, but then I use unix - and the print command allows
for a "spool" option which prevents the entire file from
being written to the printer disk.)

You might see if you can have access to the printer driver
documentation.... you might find an answer there.

mimi