Fwd: Re: Too many math alphabets used in version normal

Masoud Salehi salehi at comcast.net
Sun Sep 21 23:07:24 CEST 2003

>Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 22:58:58 -0400
>To: Techsupport at yandy.com
>From: Herbert Gintis <hgintis at comcast.net>
>Subject: Re: Too many math alphabets used in version normal
>Sender: Techsupport-owner at yandy.com
>
>At 09:31 PM 9/21/2003 -0400, Masoud Salehi wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>I am writing a book and use a variety of fonts in it. When latexing I get
>>the error message
>>
>>! Latex Error: Too many math alphabets used in version normal.
>>
>>If I delete some fonts the document is compiled with no error. I was
>>wondering if there is a way I can increase the font handling capacity of
>>LateX. My version of Y&Y is 2.2.3
>>
>>Thanks
>         The first thing to do is to eliminate the fonts that you don't
> use at all. This is very often a huge number. If you don't know how to do
> this, tell the list your operating system.
>
>Herb

Thanks, I am using both Windows 2000 and Windows XP. I think this is mainly
a TeX related issue and probably does not have anything to do with the
number of active fonts in Windows. Most probably this is even a Tex issue
not a Y&Y specific one. By the way, I am not using ATM, if that helps at all.

>Herbert Gintis
>Emeritus Professor of Economics, University of
>Massachusetts
>External Faculty, Santa Fe Institute, Santa Fe, NM
>15 Forbes Avenue, Northampton, MA 01060
>413-586-7756  (Home Office) 206-984-9873 (Fax)
>Recent papers are posted on my <http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~gintis>web
>site.
>Get Game Theory Evolving (Princeton, 2000) at
><http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0691009430/qid=1057311870/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-8882889-4632849?v=glance&s=books>Amazon.com.
>New Email Address is hgintis at comcast.net
>There is no sorrow so great that does not find
>its background in joy.
>
>                                                 Niels Bohr (1938)

Masoud Salehi
Northeastern University
Boston, MA 02115
Phone:(617)373-2446    Fax:(617)373-8970
Email: salehi at ece.neu.edu
URL:http://www.ece.neu.edu/~salehi