Font problem

Herbert Gintis hgintis at comcast.net
Tue Sep 16 10:11:25 CEST 2003

At 09:20 AM 9/16/2003 -0400, Mimi Burbank wrote:
>On Sep16 06:58AM, Herbert Gintis wrote:
>

> >         Why does one have to "manage" fonts, anyway?
> >
> > Herb
>
>      I don't think "one" has to manage them -  Windows
>does   <grin>    Microsoft is the "evil empire"  and
>wants to control everything  ;-)
>

>mimi
         Thank you, Mimi. I must say, my philosophy is that the more dirty
work others "control" for me (including machines), the more time and energy
I have to "control" what matters. (8-}. One of the reasons for my mediocre
professional success is doubtless that I spend too much time "controlling"
my computer!
         Besides, I LOVE Microsoft, and think Bill Gates is the greatest
philanthropist of all time, not only standardizing user interfaces, but
also helping conquer the diseases of the world's poor.

Best,

Herb

Herbert Gintis
Emeritus Professor of Economics, University of
Massachusetts
External Faculty, Santa Fe Institute, Santa Fe, NM
15 Forbes Avenue, Northampton, MA 01060
413-586-7756  (Home Office) 206-984-9873 (Fax)
Recent papers are posted on my <http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~gintis>web site.
Get Game Theory Evolving (Princeton, 2000) at
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0691009430/qid=1057311870/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-8882889-4632849?v=glance&s=books>Amazon.com.
New Email Address is hgintis at comcast.net
There is no sorrow so great that does not find
its background in joy.
                                                 Niels Bohr (1938)