Font problem

Christina Thiele cthiele at ccs.carleton.ca
Mon Sep 15 21:03:45 CEST 2003

Murray Eisenberg writes:

> I'm very happily -- well, almost very happily -- using ATM DELUXE 4.1 --
> with Y&Y under Windows XP Pro.
>
> The only trouble I've found is that occasionally when I have installed
> some (non-TeX-related) font and then removed it, when I view in
> DVIWindo, I get a complaint about the missing fonts.  (I presume this is
> more the fault of ATM Deluxe's database management, but I'm not sure.)

Did you install and remove the fonts via the ATM?

I've noticed in the documentation that it says sometimes things get
confused in atm.ini and that, like dviwindo.ini, this is re-generated
each time ATM is used, and thus one can delete atm.ini and that this
often will then remove left-over junk that may have accumulated in it,
esp. with multiple install/removes. You know -- that magic solution
thing ;-)

HOWEVER. I'd really not recommend removing atm.ini right away, just
like that! Instead, I'd look through my ATM manual for info on atm.ini
and decide if my impression/deduction is actually valid ... ;-)

>From the Y&YTeX side of the equation, on p.5 of the smaller manual,
the last para `If you experience problems ...' (!) talks about
resolving problems via the setupttf.exe utility ... I don't think it
_hurts_ anything if you run it.

The Technical Addendum has a section `Some Notes on ATM', pp21-23,
which may yield some additional ATM-specific info. that you may or may
not know.

By the way, I notice the next section, 2.6.2, is about Multiple
masters, which are discussed in someone else's post from today.