Font problem

Herbert Gintis hgintis at comcast.net
Fri Sep 12 14:39:35 CEST 2003

At 02:19 PM 9/12/2003 +0100, you wrote:
> >          None of  obvious fixes worked (making sure all the font files
> were
> > intact, etc.). Finally, I reinstalled Y & Y 2.2 and that fixed everything.
> > I have no idea why.
>
>this is the sort of problem clear-up that i find deeply unsatisfactory
>(after all, what do we say to people who find themselves stuck in the
>same way, in the future?).
         Tell them to reinstall Y & Y (saving their dviwindo.ini file as a
.bak file and then restoring it)!

Herb

>however, i'm delighted to hear the problem's gone, for you :-)
>
>robin

Herbert Gintis
Emeritus Professor of Economics, University of
Massachusetts
External Faculty, Santa Fe Institute, Santa Fe, NM
15 Forbes Avenue, Northampton, MA 01060
413-586-7756  (Home Office) 206-984-9873 (Fax)
Recent papers are posted on my <http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~gintis>web site.
Get Game Theory Evolving (Princeton, 2000) at
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0691009430/qid=1057311870/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-8882889-4632849?v=glance&s=books>Amazon.com.
New Email Address is hgintis at comcast.net
There is no sorrow so great that does not find
its background in joy.
                                                 Niels Bohr (1938)