Including jpegs

Mimi Burbank mimi at csit.fsu.edu
Mon Sep 8 16:07:04 CEST 2003

On Sep03 09:40PM, Derek Martin wrote:
> In the past I have always converted jpegs to eps before using them in LaTeX.
> However, I am at the point where I would like to be able to include jpegs
> without me doing the conversion first, particularly when a report includes
> quite a few job photos.  What is the most efficient way to include jpeg
> files using YandY?  My final product is usually a pdf file.

your problem is that Dvipsone and ps2pdf require PostScript files...
Acrobat Distiller itself can handle the jpg/jpeg files...  There *are*
other tex programs that allow inclusion of jpg/jpeg files into latex
documents, but they cannot be previewed using WINDVI, XDVI or other
such critters....  pdflatex - which is not part of the Y&Y system.

I'd stick with the conversion from .jpg to .eps myself - if only
because the quality of the fonts is so good.

mimi