cmr and mt problems under Win2k

Dan Erwin erwin at usc.edu
Mon Sep 1 09:14:11 CEST 2003

Hi,

I took delivery on a full TeX with Mathtime system and installed it
under Windows 2000 Professional. (CD volume label YandY_MTX.)
This order was several months ago --
I stopped trying to use it after sending essentially this email to
support at yandy.com and getting no reply. Now I'm trying again.

First, the installation scripts are not quite in sync with what's on the
CD, so if you try to have the Latex installer copy all the packages to
the hard drive, it aborts because it tries to copy
ctan\latex\contrib\other\boites\boites.sty, which is not on the CD.

Second, I find that the plain old cmr files are not installed, and in
fact don't appear anywhere on the installation CD. So I can latex
"hello_cm.tex" but cannot preview it.

Third, and most important (since it is really MT that I want), I cannot
latex "hello_mt.tex" because of corruption errors in NFSS (TeX output
appears below).

So for the moment I am dead in the water and would appreciate any
suggestions you might have. If the problems will be fixed with a current
install CD, you might drop one in the mail to me -- I can be trusted to
return the old one should you wish it.

thanks, Dan

This is TeX, Version 3.14159 (Y&Y TeX 2.2.4)
(E:/test/tex/hello_mt.tex
LaTeX2e <2000/06/01>
(c:/yandy/tex/latex/unpacked/article.cls
Document Class: article 2000/05/19 v1.4b Standard LaTeX document class
(c:/yandy/tex/latex/unpacked/size10.clo))
(c:/yandy/tex/latex/unpacked/fontenc.sty
(c:/yandy/tex/latex/contrib/supported/psnfssx/ly1/ly1enc.def)

LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `LY1/ptm/m/n' undefined
(Font)              using `LY1/ptm/m/n' instead on input line 96.

! Corrupted NFSS tables.
wrong at fontshape ...message {Corrupted NFSS tables}
                                                 error at fontshape else
let f...
l.96 \fontencoding\encodingdefault\selectfont
                                            ?
! Emergency stop.
wrong at fontshape ...message {Corrupted NFSS tables}
                                                 error at fontshape else
let f...
l.96 \fontencoding\encodingdefault\selectfont
                                            No pages of output.
Transcript written on E:/test/tex/hello_mt.log.
DONE