Do we need ATM Deluxe under WinXP?

Mike Prager Mike.Prager at noaa.gov
Sun Oct 19 14:18:09 CEST 2003

A recent post by someone using Y&Y successfully under XP without ATM
mentioned specifying the font location through DVIWINDO.INI.  (Because of
an email error, I can't name the poster.) I am one who couldn't get Y&Y to
work completely on XP without ATM Deluxe, and that post started me
thinking. I checked my DVIWINDO.INI, which contained the line

PSFONTS=D:\FONTS

which on my current system points to a nonexistent directory.  This INI
file has been retained for about six years, through countless upgrades and
computer moves, and I've not noticed this particular line recently (i.e.,
in the past few years).  I can't recall putting it there, but I probably did.

This suggests to me that having the right line in the file (or having no
line, but a correct PSFONTS system environment variable) might be the key
to this issue.

I'm not about to remove ATM to find out.  Perhaps someone here who doesn't
have ATM is willing to temporarily change DVIWINDO.INI to a bad value to
see if the symptoms can be duplicated?

...Mike

--
Michael Prager, Ph.D.
NOAA Center for Coastal Fisheries and Habitat Research

NOTE: Opinions expressed are personal, not official.  No government
endorsement of
any product is expressed or implied.