graphics problem: a refinement

Robert Ryan robertdryan at compuserve.com
Sat Oct 18 21:32:58 CEST 2003

Thanks, Mike---

As you can see from the three examples below, giving the full path in
\includegraphics does not work. It seems fairly clear now that my system
(disk, copy of Y&YTeX) is defective. As I indicated in the last note, I know
of several ways around this that work just fine. But the point remains that
Y&YTeX should work with packages like graphicx without recourse to "fixes."

In fact, I would assume that Louis fixed this as soon as I alerted him to
the problem a few years ago, and that any disk published later contained the
fix. Unfortunately, the patch he sent me was lost in the last great computer
crash.

Thanks again, Robert
\documentclass[a4paper]{book} %This configuration works%
\usepackage{graphicx}
\graphicspath{{./figures/}}
\begin{document}
\begin{figure}
\setkeys{Gin}{width=5cm}
\centerline{
\includegraphics{circle.eps}
}
\end{figure}
%\begin{figure}
%\setkeys{Gin}{width=5cm}
%\centerline{
%\includegraphics{box.eps}
%}
%\end{figure}
\end{document}

\documentclass[a4paper]{book} %This configuration does not work.%
\usepackage{graphicx}
\graphicspath{{./figures/}}
\begin{document}
\begin{figure}
\setkeys{Gin}{width=5cm}
\centerline{
\includegraphics{circle.eps}
}
\end{figure}
\begin{figure}
\setkeys{Gin}{width=5cm}
\centerline{
\includegraphics{box.eps}
}
\end{figure}
\end{document}

\documentclass[a4paper]{book} %This configuration does not work.%
\usepackage{graphicx}
%\graphicspath{{./figures/}}
\begin{document}
\begin{figure}
\setkeys{Gin}{width=5cm}
\centerline{
\includegraphics{c:/graphicstest/figures/circle.eps}
}
\end{figure}
%\begin{figure}
%\setkeys{Gin}{width=5cm}