Error message

Herbert Gintis hgintis at comcast.net
Thu Oct 2 09:26:43 CEST 2003

Check dviwindo.ini, in the \windows directory. There are many places where
disc drives are indicated (e.g., in TEXEDIT). Perhaps one of them is incorrect.

Herb

At 03:40 PM 10/1/2003 -0700, you wrote:

>I have installed the Y&Y TeX System for Windows, ver. 2.2 for two usrs
>here at Arizona State University, and receive the same error message on
>both when starting the WinEdt portion of the program.  The error is as
>follows:
>
>Winedt.exe - No disk
>There is no disk in the drive.  Please insert the disk into the
>drive  /device/harddisk1/dr1
>
>At that point, I hit Cancel three times and the program seems to work
>fine.  Both systems are using Windows XP.  This might be an issue related
>to the IDE Zip drives in the systems, but I could not find any solution on
>the support section of your web site, so any help would be appreciated.
>
>The purchase was made by the Ira A. Fulton School of Engineering at
>Arizona State University, formerly the College of Engineering and Applied
>Sciences by either Sandra Rosewell or Linda Kuiper.  The names of the two
>licensed users should be Peter Crouch and Sandra Rosewell.  Peter Crouch
>is the Dean of the school.
>
>Thanks very much,
>Nick
>
>Nick Nicolaisen
>Engineering Technical Services
>Arizona State University
>Phone: (480) 965-5786
>Fax: (480) 965-7938
>E-mail: <<mailto:nick at asu.edu>mailto:nick at asu.edu>

Herbert Gintis
Emeritus Professor of Economics, University of
Massachusetts
External Faculty, Santa Fe Institute, Santa Fe, NM
15 Forbes Avenue, Northampton, MA 01060
413-586-7756  (Home Office) 206-984-9873 (Fax)
Recent papers are posted on my <http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~gintis>web site.
Get Game Theory Evolving (Princeton, 2000) at
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0691009430/qid=1057311870/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-8882889-4632849?v=glance&s=books>Amazon.com.
New Email Address is hgintis at comcast.net
There is no sorrow so great that does not find
its background in joy.
                                                 Niels Bohr (1938)