SUGGESTIONS NEEDED

Mimi Burbank mimi at csit.fsu.edu
Fri Nov 21 10:02:18 CET 2003

On Nov21 05:17PM, Karthic wrote:
> Hi
>
> Could any one kindly advise us whether the following can be done using
> Latex 2e (y&y 2.2) version:
>
> 1. Is it possible to define two colour (Pantone colours)?
> 2. Is it possible to define various level of tint percentages and
> gradations (like 10% grey to 100% grey etc)?
> 3. Also the steps to be involved to separate colour separations during
> printing the document?
>
> If possible please let us know the steps with detailed commands...

you need to read the  LaTeX Graphics Companion -
9.5  Color in the printing industry and separation

It also says that "It is beyond the scope of this book to deal with
full ramifications of high-quaity color printing... and we strongly
suggest that readers take professional advice before embarking on
large-scale  full color projects with LaTeX.  ..."

It says that  'CMYK color separations can be made with the
color package and dvips using only PostScript Level 1 operators..."

I'd advise against it - it seems rather complex to me and
not entirely successful.   Make a PS file and pull it into
Illustrator or Photoshop or something, and then do the separations
there...

mimi