Font question: New Baskerville for Y&Y

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Wed Nov 12 20:05:15 CET 2003

> Dear Techsupport Group,
>
> I'm working on a file for a book that is in default Computer Modern and I
> want to change the whole thing to New Baskerville.  I have placed in a
> folder named YANDY\FONTS\nbaskerv all the New baskerville files I think I
> need (tfm, fd, vf, and type1 files, together with config.pnb and pnb.map).

that lot is for getting the font to work with things like tetex,
miktex, and so on.  y&y doesn't _do_ virtual fonts.

you derive a set of y&y .tfm files from the .afm files; you get
_those_ from the adobe site if you didn't have them in the first
place.

all this stuff is documented in one or other of the paper docs that
come with the distribution but [shamefaced] i've never read the
details because i've never had to do the job.

> Please excuse me if I am being dumb here, but what do I need to do to get
> the font working in the tex file for the book?  The Companion is somewhat
> confusing on this.  (You'll probably have guessed this is the first time I
> have done this!)

look in the doc set (mine's at work, but i would start with the
technical addendum).  you'll find _someone_ here who's done it in the
past, surely?

Robin Fairbairns