FW: font query and new machine

Christina Thiele cthiele at ccs.carleton.ca
Tue Mar 25 14:02:50 CET 2003

Y&Y. Inc. writes:

> He purchased his CM TeX System (one of the very first ones), the 7th of
> July,  1993.
>
> In his file, I see  that the LaTeX + SliTeX fonts were included with the
> CM fonts, but not the AMS fonts. He upgraded at regular intervals his
> last upgrade was 05/20/98. He has V2.0  He did not buy other fonts.
>
> admin at yandy.com

So, he needs to purchase not only the AMS fonts (which would include
the Eulers, right?) but also a TeX upgrade, to v.2.2. That means he's
only going to be able to use old CDs (or perhaps even discs from back
that far, eh?) for CM, LaTeX, and SliTeX fonts.

He definitely represents a case where all fonts purchased over time
would be best re-supplied on the upgrade CD.

Blenda, I think you have the info you need for this one, then, no?

The first query, about \mathfrak, requires the AMS fonts. Your records
indicate these have not been purchased -- hurray for record-keeping!

The second query is about whether he needs to upgrade Y&YTeX in order
to move to a WinXP platform. The answer is yes, because only the
latest v.2.2 supports the Win2000/XP platforms.

So, send him the info and see where he goes with it all ;-)