dviwindo.ini

Christina Thiele cthiele at ccs.carleton.ca
Fri Mar 21 10:21:44 CET 2003

Mimi Burbank writes:

> On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 08:38:16AM -0500, Y&Y. Inc. wrote:
>
> sounds to me like he has the old  "uninstall and reinstall,
> this time not using ATM"  problem  ...
>
> > [Diagnostics]
> > Windows=5.0 Build: 2195 Platform: Windows 2000 CSD: Service Pack 3
> > Vector=C:\yandy\FONTS\ENCODING\texnansi.vec
> > Config=Win 95: 0, Win 98: 0, Win NT: 1, New Shell: 1, W2K: 1, ATM
> > loaded: 0, TTF usable: 1
>
> ^^
>
> mimi
> To unsubscribe send a message to admin at yandy.com

Looks to me like you spotted the right part of the .ini file to look
at ... I'd never have thought of that! But then, the old 2.1 .ini file
didn't include Config= ... info. And there was no separate
[Diagnostics] portion either, so 2.2. certainly has improved things. I
think some of the 2.2 [Diagnostics] components were already in 2.1 but
under existing/other headings. Now they've been pulled out, and
augmented quite a bit. I'll have to head there in future.

===

Now, it would be _good_ if we could confirm with this person that he
had indeed had Win98 + ATM and that he did indeed uninstall, remove
ATM from the equation, and then re-installed without ATM. As per
instructions.

And then, even better ... what if we asked him if the documentation
just wasn't clear enough about getting ATM out of the way  when
installing on a Win2000 machine? That is, let's see if he can help us
get better instructions out. After all, he solved his own problem, so
he's not got a big anxiety quotient anymore ;-)

Anyone want to take this one on? I mean -- if it's even a good idea. I
have good ones ... and I've had some wonky one lately too ;-(