where is latex 2e

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Wed Mar 12 17:37:58 CET 2003

> I have version 2.1.5. I bought tex the program in 1999. Do I have
> latex 2e. I have been running 2.09 all this time. If I do have it,
> how do I load it. If I don't have it, I want to get it. If I do need
> to reload the program, I don't want to kill my files. I would like
> to talk on the phone if I may.  Please respond quickly.

the point here is that latex2e has been _the_ latex for so long it's
now called just "latex".  from what i can see, there isn't a latex209
on the system, but it could be built in extremis.

of course, it could be difficult on a system created as long ago as
1999, but i would doubt it.

to be sure, he should run his "latex" system and report what it tells
him.

[note i'm not doing well at the moment with working on answers.  can
someone else send this off, amended as necessary, please.]