Problems with BibTeX

Christina Thiele cthiele at ccs.carleton.ca
Tue Jun 24 12:01:20 CEST 2003

Sue Rodd writes:

> Hi
>
> I'm trying to use Bibtex, which won't work from either DVIWindo or WinEdt
> (even tho I changedthe paths as suggested in a reply to an earlier message
> from another user).
>
> Looking in explorer, in the folder called yandy/bibtex/bibtex.exe, I don't
> seem to have a bibtex.exe file -- only something called bibtex.zl9.  If I
> look at that, in the top line there is a comment: "This program cannot be
> run in DOS mode."  Could that be the reason, and if so, what do I need to
> do?
>
> Thanks
>
> Sue

Two things come to mind ...

1. I didn't think one could `read' an executable file ;-)

2. What size is that file bibtex.zl9? The right version should be
   172kb in size -- although if you list the file another way, you'll
   find it's more like 176kb or so. But they're the same file --
   something to do with higher comp-math ;-)