Missing fonts?

Steve McKinnon sm at mine.queensu.ca
Mon Jun 9 15:28:22 CEST 2003

Progress!:

I think the font issue could be a red herring. As far as I can tell, all the fonts are accessible and have been installed from the CD ROM. I've spent some time with the mathtime installation and can now compile the hello_MT.tex successfully. However, the log file reports quite a few warnings so I might not yet be completely in the clear. This is a summary of what I did:

Could not find the mathtime.sty or times.sty, so went to the CD ROM:\MATHPLUS\PSNFSS directory, copied everything to my C:\YANDY\TEX\LATEX directory and ran Latex on mathtime.ins. This created additional files, but not a times.sty, which appeared to be the only missing file according to latax's complaints. This, I found in the yyadd.zip file in the demo directory of the CD-ROM (search reported it was in the PSNFSS directory, but this did not exist on the ROM and crashed explorer when I tried to copy the found file - strange). Anyway, with these files in place the file compiles and can be viewed by dviwindo. The remaining odd part is the numerous warning messages in the log file, as sample of which is:

(c:/yandy/tex/latex/unpacked/fontenc.sty
Package: fontenc 2000/08/30 v1.91 Standard LaTeX package
 (C:/YANDY/TEX/LATEX/ly1enc.def
File: ly1enc.def 1997/03/21 v0.3 Y\&Y's texnansi encoding (DPC)
)
LaTeX Font Info:    Try loading font information for LY1+ptm on input line 96.

(C:/YANDY/TEX/LATEX/ly1ptm.fd
File: ly1ptm.fd 1997/01/26 LY1/ptm (Times Roman) with Adobe file names. (DPC)
)) (C:/YANDY/TEX/LATEX/mathtime.sty
Package: mathtime 1997/10/10 v1.0e mathtime font support (FMi/DPC)
LaTeX Font Warning: Encoding `OT1' has changed to `LY1' for symbol font
(Font)              `operators' in the math version `normal' on input line 73.
LaTeX Font Info:    Overwriting symbol font `operators' in version `normal'
(Font)                  OT1/cmr/m/n --> LY1/ptm/m/n on input line 73.
LaTeX Font Warning: Encoding `OML' has changed to `MY1' for symbol font
(Font)              `letters' in the math version `normal' on input line 74.
LaTeX Font Info:    Overwriting symbol font `letters' in version `normal'
(Font)                  OML/cmm/m/it --> MY1/mtt/m/it on input line 74.
LaTeX Font Warning: Encoding `OMS' has changed to `MY2' for symbol font
(Font)              `symbols' in the math version `normal' on input line 75.
LaTeX Font Info:    Overwriting symbol font `symbols' in version `normal'
(Font)                  OMS/cmsy/m/n --> MY2/mtt/m/n on input line 75.
LaTeX Font Warning: Encoding `OMX' has changed to `MY3' for symbol font
(Font)              `largesymbols' in the math version `normal' on input line 7
6.
LaTeX Font Info:    Overwriting symbol font `largesymbols' in version `normal'
(Font)                  OMX/cmex/m/n --> MY3/mtt/m/n on input line 76.
LaTeX Font Warning: Encoding `OT1' has changed to `LY1' for symbol font
(Font)              `operators' in the math version `bold' on input line 104.
LaTeX Font Info:    Overwriting symbol font `operators' in version `bold'
(Font)                  OT1/cmr/bx/n --> LY1/ptm/b/n on input line 104.

Apart from this, all seems to work. I'll try testing additional files. Any comments or is this normal?

Thanks again,

Steve