Problems with BibTeX

Jean Delayen delayen at jlab.org
Wed Jun 4 08:08:22 CEST 2003

Robin Fairbairns wrote:

>>Success!
>>
>>I replaced the bibtex file in my bibtex directory which is164 KB and
>>dated 20-Nov-00
>>with one which is 172 KB and dated 26-Sep-01.
>>The bibliography now processes correctly when I launch it from DVIWindo.
>>

>coo.  does this mean you're no longer getting:
>

>>>3018: Sorry---you've exceeded BibTeX's wizard-defined function space 3000
>>>

>i was a bit worried about that, since i couldn't reproduce it on my
>un*x bibtex, with the same wiz function space of 3000.
>
>so that's a relief (if it's true :-)

Yes that is true.
Here is the .blg file.  You can see that it used 3411 functions out of
6000.  So 3000 was not enough.
I guess the 26-sep-01 version of bibtex allows more space than the
20-Nov-00 version.

This is 8-bit Big BibTeX version 0.99c
The 8-bit codepage and sorting file: 88591lat.csf
The top-level auxiliary file: apssamp.aux
The style file: apsrev.bst
Database file #1: apssamp.bib
Warning--I didn't find a database entry for "endnote4"

Here's how much of BibTeX's memory you used:
 Cites:                 3 out of 750
 Fields:               90 out of 17250
 Hash table:         4622 out of 5000
 Strings:            1164 out of 4000
 String pool:       10117 out of 65530
 Wizard functions:   3411 out of 6000
(There was 1 warning)

>>Any suggestion on how to launch bibtex from WinEdt?
>>

>i've got some research students who want winedt, so i've been looking
>at its innards this very day.  i really don't see the correct sort of
>configuration tweaks: will carry on tomorrow.  there's a winedt
>mailing list, which one of us ought to sign up for.

See Mimi Burbank's email of yesterday 17:52 and my reply 18:09 on how to
solve the problem

>maybe now i've got some spam filtering i've have time to read a few
>more emails...  ;-)
>
>Robin Fairbairns
>
>Y&Y support team

Jean Delayen