[Xy-pic] How to resolve "Command \l already defined ..."

KIRAVU, C. (MR.) cheddi.kiravu at mopipi.ub.bw
Wed Apr 11 21:20:18 CEST 2018

Hi Dr. Moore!
Thank you. Your suggestion to  use
 \renewcommand{\l}{\v{l}} worked. It's the preferred solution.

Before your suggestion,  I had resolved the issue by commenting the offending l. 32 in the  Denitions.tex file. This worked. Is this though what you indirectly refer to as a self-centred solution?  Would such commenting compromise the ability of others to use this command?

BTW, Strangely I thought Xy-pic involved issues related to  \usepackage[all]{xy} which for me works with, \usepackage{tikz-cd}. I may be forgiven for being  a first time user of this forum.