[Xy-pic] tiles

Ross Moore ross.moore at mq.edu.au
Fri Feb 15 23:02:47 CET 2013

Hello Witek,

On 12/02/2013, at 6:08 AM, Witek Kwiatkowski wrote:

> Hi Ross,
>
> Sorry to bother you again but I am confused about your tiles extension. In your manual I do not see any patterns. All your mac?? patterns
> are simply different shades of grey.
> What is it I am missing?

Those patterns were written (back about 1993) to use particular
PostScript coding that was subsequently deprecated by Adobe with
later revisions (Levels) of PostScript.
They do not work at all in PDF, except perhaps if you use Acrobat
Distiller to do the conversion PS --> PDF.

Right from the start they only worked properly when the document
was printed at a decent resolution.

> Thank you,
>
> Witek

Hope this helps,